Couchjunkies
Go ahead and log in
Couchjunkies
Go ahead and log in
Couchjunkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
New updates have been added to the forum....There is now an I.Q and Influence system....The Influence system is like a points system in which you get points for doing various activities on the forum...The I.Q system is like a reputation system in which you can either give someone a postive or negative vote for there post.....or if someone solves a problem of yours...you can hit the "Thanks" button
Message to guest
You must be logged in to use the Shoutbox!!!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Site Translator

Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
therandus
CJ:lvl 8
therandus

Number of posts : 98
Xbox 360 Gamertag : Therandus
PS3 ID : Gravnar
Wii Friends Code : 2277-6998-2404
Know as : El mago del sexo!
Influence : 0
I.Q : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 18th 2008, 11:54 pm

I was talking to my friend in gamestop the other day. He was thinking about getting a PS3. I told him wait until there are more than just 40gig ones in stock. The manager of the gamestop jumped into the conversation real quick telling us that, the 40gig is the only one available in the U.S. right now. So we started carrying on a conversation about this. It turns out Sony is discontinuing the good versions, for the ones that have a higher chance to break down and that are not backwards compatible. He informed us that there was an 80 gig bundle coming out in June, but it still wasn't going to be backwards compatible.

Well, I went home and went to the internet to see if this was true. It is very true. Sony discontinued the backwards compatibility so they can sell more ps3 games, or some stupid crap like that. They tried to say some stuff that it was going to lower manufacturing cost or something like that. Later they responded to that saying it doesn't even lower the manufacturing cost at all, they just wanted to sell more of their PS3 games...

I found this incredibly stupid, because one of the reasons i was even contemplating getting a ps3 was for the ability to play some old PS2 games, since my PS2 broke a while ago. There is apparently going to be no more consoles manufactured with backwards Compatibility in the U.S. anymore.

If you didn't already know the 40gig PS3's have a new problem occurring called "error 80010514." an article can be found here http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189035.html , Also as Matayu can tell you their lasers can also be defective...
Back to top Go down
vwkiller1412
Admin
Admin
vwkiller1412

Number of posts : 110
Xbox 360 Gamertag : vwkiller1412
PS3 ID : vwkiller1412
Know as : Creator of Couchjunkies
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 19th 2008, 1:03 am

Good story..but in all honesty microsoft done the same ol'thing...dropping xbox 1 support, cutting off the 360 backward compatibility updates and then rolling out xbox 1 games over the marketplace...so this will give Sony a reason to re-release PS2 games over the Playstation Network....but this is news to me, i havent heard anything about Sony dropping PS2 compatiblity all together, and i damn sure wouldnt take a gamestop employee's word either....lol!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://couchjunkies.forumotion.com
therandus
therandus

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 19th 2008, 2:45 pm

Well, after talking to the manager I checked it out online.

It is true that the xbox is doing that. I don't agree with it, but I already owned one before that was happening. Not much I can do about that.
Back to top Go down
Matayu
CJ:lvl 5
Matayu

Number of posts : 39
PS3 ID : Matayu
Know as : \"The Lemming\"
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 20th 2008, 2:11 pm

SO the question is, "which one do you hate less?"

And don't say Nintendo, it's either MS, of SONY.
Back to top Go down
http://matayu.deviantart.com/
therandus
therandus

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 20th 2008, 10:15 pm

I would have to say Microsoft. Ahhhh it burns me to say that... reason being Sony killed Sega.
Back to top Go down
Matayu
Matayu

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 21st 2008, 3:30 pm

I do not beleive you, sega would have done just fine if they didn't suck so much.
Back to top Go down
therandus
therandus

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 21st 2008, 5:13 pm

Well, seeing as how Sony was pushing Wal-mart and many other places to not sell the dreamcast, by refusing to sell any other sony products to them. I am pretty sure that they are the reason sega failed.
Back to top Go down
Matayu
Matayu

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 23rd 2008, 9:21 am

I still say if sega was even a competator on the market, they wouldn't have been able to do that.

It's hard to feel sry for Sega since they ruined Sonic.
Back to top Go down
therandus
therandus

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 EmptyApril 25th 2008, 9:19 am

They were competitors in the game market not the walkman market and the stereo market. Since sony was a multi item company, all they had to do was threaten the places with the removal of all products. Since sega did not have such abilities they were removed. If you fail to understand this you are stupid... It's not because they couldn't compete in the game world. It was because of their lack of merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3   Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another reason I will probably never buy a ps3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Couchjunkies :: Gaming Lobby :: PS3-
Jump to: