Couchjunkies
Go ahead and log in
Couchjunkies
Go ahead and log in
Couchjunkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
New updates have been added to the forum....There is now an I.Q and Influence system....The Influence system is like a points system in which you get points for doing various activities on the forum...The I.Q system is like a reputation system in which you can either give someone a postive or negative vote for there post.....or if someone solves a problem of yours...you can hit the "Thanks" button
Message to guest
You must be logged in to use the Shoutbox!!!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Site Translator

Jay's Last Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vwkiller1412
Admin
Admin
vwkiller1412

Number of posts : 110
Xbox 360 Gamertag : vwkiller1412
PS3 ID : vwkiller1412
Know as : Creator of Couchjunkies
Influence : 0
I.Q : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Jay's Last Day Empty
PostSubject: Jay's Last Day   Jay's Last Day EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 4:08 pm

The Following is from yahoo news...it deeply, deeply saddens me, but i knew it was coming!!!

Quote :
"Whether he likes it or not, Jay Leno's got a date for his final Tonight: May 29, 2009.

NBC today set the calendar for the funnyman's mandatory retirement as part of a timetable for the network's rejiggered night-owl plans.

Heir apparent Conan O'Brien will be installed as Tonight Show overlord on June 1. O'Brien will abdicate his Late Night desk in the spring, most likely March or April, and move from New York to Los Angeles to prepare for his new duties

Jimmy Fallon in turn will take over Late Night sometime in the spring, after a practice run online.

NBC will air O'Brien-fronted Late Night reruns until Fallon is deemed up to speed.

Facing questions about the much-publicized possibility of the supposedly disgruntled Leno taking his late-night antics—and possibly his sizable audience—with him to ABC, NBC Entertainment cochairs Ben Silverman and Marc Graboff stuck to their guns.

"We really believe in the decisions we've made with our partners, including Jay," Silverman told reporters at the Television Critics Assn. gathering.

In a subsequent statement, NBC tried to give props to the departing Leno, as well as the new hosts.

"The Tonight Show has a remarkable history rich in tradition. We're proud of each and every show Jay has shared with America as we look forward to Conan carrying on that outstanding tradition next year," said Rick Ludwin, NBC's chief late-night programmer.

"We also can't wait for Jimmy to showcase his winning style following Conan. Jay has left his personal stamp on The Tonight Show for what will be 17 years. He is enormously creative, generous and professional."

Leno didn't immediately comment on the network-imposed timeframe.

We're guessing he's too generous and professional to let us know how he really feels".
Back to top Go down
https://couchjunkies.forumotion.com
Rafael
CJ:lvl 1
CJ:lvl 1

Number of posts : 7
Influence : 0
I.Q : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Jay's Last Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay's Last Day   Jay's Last Day EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 12:15 am

wow cant believe that he is leaving